|All in a Night's Work|
All in a Night's Work is the 2nd episode of Season 3 of Kids Incorporated and 54th episode overall. In this episode, a sudden departure by Riley sparks suspicions from the kids..
During the opening song ("Sidewalk Talk"); we catch a glimpse of Riley with a briefcase open and a book nearby on the counter. He quickly slams the briefcase down when the kids arrive, claiming the P*lace was out of everything. The ruse falls flat, and Riley rapidly denies a request by Ryan to borrow the computer book followed by Riley rushing to introduce the band from break (never mind that this was supposed to be their last set); putting the kids on the spot to go on stage ("Rock Around the Clock"), after which Riley abruptly leaves; tossing Ryan the keys to lock up, sparking Gloria's suspicions.
Later, Gloria was helping Stacy with her math homework when the two spot a sleeping Riley behind a rack of dresses. The ensuing attempt at confrontation failed, but Gloria picks up a poem that she took to mean Riley was in love with a Miss Cantwell (Stacy, meanwhile, thinks Riley's lost his mind) ("It's a Mystery").
However, the others have a different theory. Ryan, Renee and the Kid had found in Riley's briefcase a list of military installations; a picture of a Battleship Schnauzer; a "coded" paper and a picture of the White House; leading them to the conclusion that Riley was a spy; resulting in the kids debating their theory ("Secret").
Eventually, the kids decide to converge in confronting Riley; with the Kid peppering Riley with a series of questions about his alleged spying (Stacy at least assumes Riley's one of the good guys); while Gloria still think Riley's in love. Ultimately, Riley clears the whole thing up (Miss Cantwell is his English teacher; the code: algebra; everything else was related to social studies classes) to explain that he was going to night school to get his GED, easing the kids' concerns ("No Lookin' Back").
Kid Cast Edit
- Marta "Martika" Marrero - Gloria (credited as Martika)
- Ryan Lambert - Ryan
- Rahsaan Patterson - Kid
- Renee Sandstrom (credited as Renee Sands) - Renee
- Stacy Ferguson - Stacy
Adult Cast Edit
- Moosie Drier - Riley
- Wendy Brainard
- Darren Lee
- Mario Lopez
- Gina Marie Vinaccia
- Andrea Paige Wilson
- "Sidewalk Talk" (Jellybean cover; performed by Gloria)
- "Rock Around the Clock" (Bill Haley and the Comets cover; performed by Ryan)
- "It's a Mystery" (Kids Incorporated original; performed by Gloria)
- "Secret" (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark cover; performed by Gloria)
- "No Lookin' Back" (Michael McDonald cover; performed by Renee)
- "No Lookin' Back" was previously performed by Gloria in the Season 2 episode "Riley's Rival".
- Kid and Stacy didn't sing in this episode.